Revolution Freezing

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Jun 18 22:52:21 EDT 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:28:19 -0600, Bridger Maxwell wrote:

> Hey,  Lately, I have been able to freeze Revolution a lot more than I would
> like too.  It dies almost every 5 minutes.  I haven't been able to track
> down the problem, because it always happens when I have my whole development
> environment open.  I haven't submitted a bug report yet, because I don't
> know what causes it, although I have noticed it is mostly likely to freeze
> when I look away, or switch to another application.  Just barely I
> discovered something odd about these freezes.  If I go into Activity
> Monitor, then double click on the Revolution process (which shows up as "not
> responding") to pull up its info, Revolution magically starts working!  What
> does this mean?  If no error dialogs show up, can I assume is a problem with
> the Revolution Engine, and not with my stack?  Anybody's experience or
> advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd suggest spending some time running Rev without your whole
development environment open... remove all the plugins, externals,
extra libraries, etc. and run Rev as "raw" as you can and see if you
still get the freezes. If not, carefully add things in, one at a time,
and work for a while, then if you don't freeze, add the next thing in,
etc. You should be able to find the problematic item this way.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/