problem deleting cards in v2.8.1?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 15 15:09:40 EDT 2007

I haven't yet pinned down a recipe, but here's the issue:

I have a stack with about two dozen cards, most of which share about 8
groups.

When I use "delete card <cardName>" to delete a card, I get a hard crash
if I'm on that card.

If I go to another card and delete the one I'd tried earlier, it works
but I also lose one (and only one) of my shared groups from all cards
which had them.

But I found that if I first manually remove all shared groups, deleting
the card works like a champ.

FWIW this stack was originally (years ago) a port from HC, so the
hcAddressing is true.

Also, it's worth noting that I tried the delete with the lockMessages
set to true to rule out any interference with my scripts; still a crash.

I can work on pinning down a recipe later, but right now I just need to
stay focused on getting this out the door now that I have a workaround.

If any others here have had problems delete cards in v2.8.1 please let
me know so we can compare notes and post the recipe to BZ.

--
  Richard Gaskin