Where do I find Revonline?

Michael Binder runr at prismpole.com
Tue Jun 12 13:44:19 EDT 2007

Hi Eric, You wrote:

> Hi Michael,    Why are you so negative?
> I know that a completely new "RevOnline" is in the works
> but can't tell you when it will be ready.

Oops, sorry about the negativism... its not my usual self.
Actually I am quite positive about rev.  That's why I invested
in a studio license (just less than 10 weeks ago).  One thing
that influenced my decision to invest was the online community.
(I saw a few names that I remember from my hypercard usenet days)
One thing that almost influenced my decision the other way is
the poor documentation.  Actually, I didn't fully understand
just how bad the documentation was when I did buy into rev.

I have spoken glowingly of rev to some of my friends, but when
they begin to investigate the rev website they do not get a
good impression.  There is out of date news, newsletter
archives are not up to date, etc.  When they download the trial
version they get to discover that rev online is not kept up,
the documentation is not complete, etc.   If I were the
king of Rev, I would be a little more concerned about the
first impressions that my web site gives.

> In the meantime, there are two plugins that might help you:
> <snip>
> Broadband connection recommended for both.

I only dream of these things.  I live in a mountainous
rural area without broadband. I am stuck with a dialup
connection that only gets about 19k (even with a 56k
modem).  More than most of you, I depend on the resources
that I downloaded with rev (I drove to the city in order
to download rev).

Anyway, I am sorry to be negative.  I am trying to be
positive and contribute to the list.  Even contributing
to the list is an exercise in frustration for me because
of my dialup connection.  (I get the digest version)

--Michael Binder