Ken Burns (was Re: Ripple)

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Jun 12 08:57:57 EDT 2007

Very nice Scott!

Along these lines - I'm doing some image experiments. First is zoom - which
is OK but not perfect - as the image magnifies a lot I need to crop it so
that it does not get too huge in memory. One of the aims is to do a Ken
Burns type effect i a slide show. The problem is getting the transitions
fast enough and yet smooth enough.

Chipp - I know you looked at that - did you get anywhere? Any suggestions as
to which inks, or QT effect are best to use between movements (if any)?

Another thing I haven't tried - partly as i keep thinking Rev will add this
as a feature is to be able to do QuickTime based transforms like you can do
with "Core Image fun House". There is the sampler stack for using QuickTime
for transitions - but I think it would probably be more useful to be able to
do this for images - then you could export and save all sorts of dynamic
mods of the image.

A hack i was thinking of for now was to use Trevors external and add
transitions to the QT movie of a still image - then exporting the image -
I've not tried it yet - any thought on this?