ZFS in OS X 10.5 - Implementation in RunRev?

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 11:13:14 EDT 2007

Hiya,

What with the recent need for snow-shoes when trundling around
Vista's new security model, does anyone have a clue as to how the ZFS
in OS X 10.5 (as it appears that it will be released for 10.5) is
going to be dealt with in RunRev?

For info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zfs

My main concern is the use of the drive pool, where effectively any
additional drive becomes (as either additional space or RAID
configuration) an 'extension' of the current drive. Not too sure how
removable media is to be dealt with (USB sticks and such).
Will the default RunRev file handling (as it is now) accommodate the
new file system? I'm concerned with possible mishaps with default
folder paths.
Or do I elastic-band some ice cubes to my bare feet and go for a long
slow walk?

Cheers,

Luis.