Open Source (was Don't you just wish Rev would do this?)

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Fri Jun 8 09:46:27 EDT 2007

On Jun 7, 2007, at 8:23 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> Right. Defining our own syntax would give us that. We would want an
> improved externals interface of course). I would love to have
> english like syntax wrapped around the QT external or a database
> library. Hopefully someday.

Spinnaker Plus (later marketed as WinPlus) was an xTalk that had
externals—what they called "software slot objects",—which did allow
you to parse the script from the point at which the external command
or function was called. In your C code, you simply asked for the next
token(s) and interpreted or evaluated the values. Simple and elegant.
I look forward to the equivalent in Rev someday.

Tereza Snyder
Califex Software, Inc.