Launching Visual C++ 2005 Applications

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jun 7 15:09:39 EDT 2007

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 20:48:35 -0800, Doug Heywood wrote:

> The only thing I wonder about would be some mysterious parameter I
> could include in my "open process" statement which would actually
> stimulate the program to run, but I obviously don't know.

Doug, are you using "open process <app>" or "open process <app> for
neither"? If you're not using the "for neither" form, give that a try.
If that doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of is either (a)
creating a .vbs file that launches the command-line app and then
execute the VBS from Rev, or (b) write a "launcher" stub application
with C++/VB/etc. and execute that from Rev, which in turn would launch
your command line app.

Am I correct that you actually want to *show* the black terminal window
with your text? Or do you just want to execute the code in your
command-line program? Because if you don't want to show the terminal
window, couldn't you just use "shell()" to run your command-line app?

Just curious,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com