Legacy stack woes II

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 7 12:03:46 EDT 2007

Rob Cozens wrote:

> Standalone settings for Legacy stacks are stored in separate "Config"
> stacks, while those settings are internal in the current stack format.
>
> If one is distributing a stack to be used by developers to build
> standalones (eg: SDB_Server, SDB_Utilities):
>
> * If saved in legacy format, standlone settings are lost regardless
> of stack format

AFAIK the standalone settings are stored in custom properties, and do
not rely on anything specific to the new format for storage.

I believe the only difference is where they're stored:  in earlier
versions they were in a separate stack file, and in the newer versions
they do what my standalone builder has been doing for years, storing
them in custom properties directly in the stack.

Custom props should not be affected regardless of which format the stack
is in, so I would imagine the same 2.4-format stack could be used in
either IDE version, no?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal