Problem with Browser Sampler Stack in Rev/Mac 2.8.1
bobwarren at howsoft.com
Wed Jun 6 23:04:37 CDT 2007
Bob Warren wrote:
> Report #5121 <http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/show_bug.cgi?id=5121>
> > Attachment #794
> > <http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/attachment.cgi?id=794&action=edit>
> > I've included the whole log (not very long since it's a new computer).
>Thanks for doing that, Bob. An update on the guy in the support queue
who had the same problem: he had a demo version of Rev installed prior
to installing the licensed version. He says when he uninstalled the demo
and reinstalled the licensed version, he no longer had any problems and
it all worked fine. Again, he's on Windows so it might be different. But
we've heard of other folks having some issues if they've left an older
demo in place. Do you have any demo versions installed?
No. On my new Mac Mini, I just downloaded the studio version from
http://downloads.runrev.com/revolution/ and when I got my unlocking code
from Heather, I put it in and began using the IDE.
Before getting my unlocking code, I did try running it on one occasion,
but I had to abandon it because I didn't have the key yet. I wouldn't
have thought that this could have affected anything.
As a matter of fact, I wasn't aware of the fact that there is such a
thing as a "demo version". I thought that it was all the same piece of
software that could be activated either by a "demo unlocking code" or a
"licensed unlocking code".** If that is simply another way of viewing
what you are really talking about, then certainly I did not receive any
kind of "demo unlocking code" from Technical Support at any stage.
[** Or is it that anyone who has activated the software with a demo code
has to uninstall it and re-install it again to enter the new licensed
code? It's so long since I did any of this, I really don't remember.]
I could try uninstalling it and installing it again, if you think that
would do any good. In fact, I think I'll do it now out of curiosity......
I uninstalled Rev completely, downloaded it again, and reinstalled. No
change. It didn't fix anything regarding the Browser Sampler Stack.
Oh well, back to the drawing board. There must be something in my
particular machine that is aggravating the problem of course, but other
people's temporary difficulties with this stack seem to indicate that
there is definitely something wrong with it. Perhaps even a problem of
timing or something. If the engineers cannot find the problem, then as I
said, the only thing I can do now is to make some stacks of my own to
try and provoke problems that have a more obvious cause and rise to the
surface more easily.
More information about the use-livecode