Don't you just wish Rev would do this?

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Wed Jun 6 06:31:10 EDT 2007

From: "Peter T. Evensen" <pevensen at siboneylg.com>

> Microsoft seems to be doing very well without open-sourcing its
> development tools.

Indeed and while I'm 100% resistent to the trend for calling for open source
(not talking about people here on this list, but has it ever struck anyone
that when you ask an Open Source zealot how many programs they have written
they invariably say "well, none actually" - if you've never asked it is
certainly an eye opener) Borland have made the VCL available to developers
who purchase the Pro edition and up since version 1 and that has meant that
Delphi has a VCL 3rd party base that is *huge* - but then Delphi itself is
not open source, nor is the VCL, but it's there to "study".

Personally I tend to view large companies going open source with suspicion.
To me it tends to suggest the product is on it's way out.

Scott