embedding a large number of copyrighted images

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 00:58:04 EDT 2007

Hello All,

An application I've made works with 1000's of images (and sounds). Up
to now, I've used:

   set the filename of [image object] to [file path]

However, the copyright holder of the images advises me that, should I
wish to share/sell my application, all the images need to be embedded
into it.

I know about RunRev's "import all images in folder", and about using
the id numbers of these imported images to set button icons. But my
images are of varying sizes, and button objects do not resize the way
image objects do.

So, I guess if I had to go with button icons, I could use "set
width/height" and then lock the size of each of the 1000+ images.

But, are there other ways of working with referenced images?

Plus, I imagine that the stacks/substacks in which the images (and
sounds) are stored might be (very?!) large. Are there issues I should
be aware of when using RunRev with large stacks/substacks?

Thank you.

--
Nicolas Cueto

But, unlike image objects, buttons do not resize the original image --
which route would, I guess, oblige me to