Using iTunes Video in Rev

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jun 4 13:53:13 EDT 2007

Recently, Tim Bleiler wrote:

> We'd like to be
> able to access and play purchased video from the iTunes store within
> this application. However, the purchased files are .m4v and only seem
> to play in the Quicktime player and iTunes, not Rev. Is this related
> to the copy protection? Is there a workaround OTHER than launching
> Quicktime Player or iTunes? Or is it a bug?

According to Trevor DeVore, an Apple engineer he spoke with (or someone
close to Apple) claims that QT playback in anything outside of QT and iTunes
is prohibited, thus will fail in outside of those apps (chalk it up to that
great DRM we all love so much).  Indeed, this has been my experience.  You
may be stuck using the QT player unless someone else has a workaround/hack.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design