Mac UB standalones and OS versions

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sun Jun 3 11:12:12 EDT 2007

>Seems to, at least here. I'm running 10.3.9 on my Powerbook and 10.4
>on my desktop Mac. I haven't had any trouble with any stacks in
>10.3.9, and I was running 10.3.7 for a very long time with Rev
>before that. I never had Rev 2.8.1 on my 10.3.7 machine but I know
>2.7.4 worked okay.
>
>I've noticed a lot of software that requires 10.3.9 lately, I get
>the feeling that was pretty much the cutoff these days.

I went to the Apple downloads page.  Far as I can tell, all the
10.3.x updates require that you have at least 10.3.x.  I did not see
where anyone with 10.2.8 could upgrade any higher, even for a fee.
Perhaps there was some fundamental change from 10.2.x to 10.3.x.

A lot of folks buy a computer and keep it for years.  Ditching
everyone with a Classic (9.x and earlier) is one thing, but ditching
some folks with OSX too?  Maybe the Big Boys like Photoshop and
Microsnot don't mind sticking their nose up at folks, but I prefer
not to.  I think it's bad business for a small developer to be too
restrictive.

Not everyone is techie enough to know what system they are running.
To a lot of folks out there, OSX means OSX.   Believe me, the tech
support questions I've had to answer at times.... they would not
understand that their OSX isn't good enough.  My clientele is not
only business people or techies, but anybody with a computer who
likes to play games.  It's common for folks to give their castoff
computer to their older parents who have never used a computer, and
those folks like to play games :-)

My husband does tech support for IBM.  He comes home and tells me
about the calls he gets.  It is amazing.  Those jokes you hear on the
internet.... "Did you plug your computer in?"  Believe them!  He
hasn't gotten any blondes using white out on their computer screens
yet, however.........

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games