use-revolution Digest, Vol 46, Issue 39

Dale Pond dalesvp at centurytel.net
Mon Jul 23 12:16:08 EDT 2007

On Jul 22, 2007, at 11:00 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> From: Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>
> Subject: Re: HC to Rev conversion question
>
> Hi Dale,
>
> There is no problem using the start using stack command in Rev. What
> exactly goes wrong?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille
>
> --
Thank you, Mark, for responding to my question. Seems I'm a bit ahead
of things here. I am in a planning stage of how to address all the
concerns of the planned migration to Rev. I remember, or I thought I
remembered, someone on this list a couple of years ago indicated the
"start using stack" did not work correctly. Perhaps I got that all
wrong.

In playing with a test conversion yesterday I did run into a "DoMenu"
script not working. Rev instructions do say "DoMenu" commands won't
work. Is there a work a round for the "DoMenu" thingie? Here is one
example I'd like to keep the functionality of if possible.

on doMenu what
   if what ­ "Compact Stack" then pass doMenu
   if longToPath() is in the stacksInUse then
     stop using this stack
     send the params to HyperCard -- do the compact
     start using this stack
   else pass doMenu
end doMenu

Life, Light, Love & Laughter,