[OT] project subcontract possiblity - COM interface

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 12:46:28 EDT 2007

Greetings, to those on the list who know what MS COM is and does.

I am bidding on a project that will include a server communications portion
that needs to work with the following:

----( from their docs )----
an out of process COM interface and uses XML document format for all data
and system requests and responses.

"a synchronous out-of-process COM interface for requesting system
transactions. "

 Service Requirements
* Windows 2000 or 2003 Server
* COM Automation support
* MSXML 3.0 support
--------------------
the 2003 server is actually optional.
There are several areas that I will be handling, but the COM portion is
foreign to me.  I will be preparing the XML doc to be sent, and parsing the
response.  This could be done in C++ or Visual Basic, but does require some
knowledge of COM Automation support.

If anyone is interested, please contact me off-list.
The deadline for testing and completion would be July 27th.

Thank you

Jim Ault
Las Vegas