Stupid menubar questions

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Jul 17 10:59:12 EDT 2007

Hi Ian,

> I've not worked much with multi-window apps (apart from palettes),
> but am about to.
>
> OS X - if I want the same menubar to appear no matter which window
> is frontmost I'm going to have to copy the menubar group to each
> 'main' stack and set it as the menubar, correct? Sounds like a
> recipe for disaster if changes need to be made to the menus. :-(

Don't worry, check out the "defaultmenubar" prop in the docs :-)

> Win - doing the same as above (copy of group on each stack) is
> going to lead to duplicated screen space. Any ideas to make it look
> less 'cluttered'?

Well, erm, there is no menubar on Windows like on the Mac (always
visible on top of the screen).
A menubar on win are just a palette (or modeles or whatever) stack.

You have seen a PC running Win in your life before, didn't you? ;-)

> Ian

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de