Wireframe animation engine examples?

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Mon Jul 16 04:44:37 EDT 2007

Hi David,

Björnke already gave you the hint. In the stack
animationEngineDocs.rev scroll to rotate3dPoint and look at the
example. That stack is self contained and does not need AE to be in
use, so you can see the examples without actually wasting one of  the
15 free trial sessions. To answer your speed questions: Rev does a
pretty good job in calculating the locations, when you translate from
3d to 2d space. That part is even a tad bit faster than in flash.
However, it looses a bit of speed when actually setting the points of
the graphic I use to display the wire. Not much, but a little. So in
what I can see it is en par speed wise with the flash performance for
wireframes. However, Flash has quite a few advantages over Rev when
it comes to drawing graphic objects (more than one color in the same
object, tad bit faster rendering)

Hope that helps.

 > If you think the custom interface is too confusing, then tell that
 > malte, he didn't listen to me. ;-)

I *do* listen B, just you were the only one complaining. <g>

However, if it turns out not to work, I am all for changing the
interface... And I am willing to provide the stack for alternate
"reader" - stack  approaches. You did a good job with BvG docu, if
you want to give it a go, let me knoe. :-)

All the best,

Malte