Why Save the Mac Mini

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 13:36:15 EDT 2007

On 7/12/07 1:30 PM, "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

> My own personal saga re: the Mini.

I use 3 Duo mini's in a stack in the corner.
No monitor, keyboard, or RAM upgrade.
Timbuktu loaded on each.

For less than $2000 USD,  I have 3 Duo processors running 9 of my apps,
since I need CPU speed and not RAM.
Two of the Duo's have a static IP directly on the internet using a switch to
connect to the cable modem, thus accessible to our team from anywhere.

I don't use virus protection.
I do take advantage of applescript and Safari browser to do some web page
detection and data downloads.

I use an app with AltBrowser (early version) on a WinXP machine so that a
team member can view the pages that are auto-pinged for verification.

Thus 3 Duo mini's and 3 WinXP machines that work very smoothly together.  We
plan to add 2 more mini's in the next few months, and again, remote access
is all that is required.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas