Log scales = animation scales?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun Jul 15 07:45:21 EDT 2007

Oh - this is the on I did for animating the texsize (without acceleration):

setprop text_Zoom [someSpeed] maxSize
    if someSpeed is empty then put 2 into someSpeed
    put item -1 of maxSize into maxSize
    put the long id of the target into targetObject

    put (the textsize of targetObject) + someSpeed into newSize
    if newSize >= maxSize then
        set the textsize of targetObject to maxSize
    else
        set the textsize of targetObject to newSize

        -- recurse
        -- wait 1 milliseconds
        -- put "set the text_Zoom [someSpeed] of targetObject to maxSize"
into pigeon
        put "set the text_Zoom [" & someSpeed & "] of me to" && maxSize into
pigeon
        send pigeon to targetObject in 1 millisecond
    end if
end text_Zoom

I can only do a few of these at a time on my PowerBook.