[OT] Crashing Macs

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 04:13:56 EDT 2007

Just spent 2 days "untrashing" my G4 dual that "threw
a wobbly" when I installed:

Latest iTunes upgrade
Latest QuickTime upgrade
and
MS Office 2004 patch

1. My Finder started quitting and launching every 15
seconds

2. One of my 4 hard-disks merrily went blank

Had to boot from a Mac OS 9 install disk (because it
allows access to the hard-disks) and back up 160 Gigs
of data onto an external drive - took about 5 hours -
and then blank the disk and do a complete reinstall.
Wall-to-wall pleasure :)

Still not sure about why this happened.

Suspect it might be Uncle Bill, as installed the 2
apple upgrades on my PPC Mac mini with no ill effects
at all.

Has anybody else had similar "fun" recently?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.