RC4 implementation (was Re: Base64 conversion)

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue Jul 10 11:12:38 EDT 2007

Yes, the output is just a string of bytes (chars). In use, one would
probaly want to base64Encode it for transmission over the net, or
show the hex numbers.

I did test using the test vectors at

  http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/draft-kaukonen-
cipher-arcfour-03.txt

and got the right results, by converting to hex using this function:

function binToHex pString
   repeat for each char c in pString
     get charToNum(c)
     put baseConvert(it,10,16) into tTemp
     if it < 16 then put "0" before tTemp
     put tTemp after tHex
   end repeat
   return tHex
end binToHex

Best,

Mark

ps. of course, you must convert the test inputs and keys to bytes in
order to test.