Creating Transparent Object "Buttons"

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sun Jul 8 17:13:14 EDT 2007

Steve ,

I am trying to create a polygonal-shaped transparent object that will act as
a button.  I know that SuperCard had that capability.  When I create a
transparent object (rectangle, rounded rectangle, etc.) in Revolution I am
not able to click the interior of the object and get it to respond like a
button (if there is a border, clicking the border gives a response).
<<<

In Revolution, create the object you want -- filled and opaque -- and set
the blendLevel to 100.

An object with no fill literally has nothing in the interior to capture the
mouse events; that's why it only works to click the border.

- Bill