scripting challenge Contest ?

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 00:58:23 EDT 2007

Well done, Sakari! This is impressive and building on prior published  work
is always sound practice. We may be close to an optimizable script here,  folks.

Your script handles the criteria including case sensitivity, except for  ends
of line (CR, LF and CRLF) and tab...

put "This is a Great Script - a fast  test-Piece."&CRLF&TAB&"Well done!" into
sourceText
put "test-Piece."&CRLF&TAB&"Well" into  stringToFind
answer whole (stringToFind,sourceText) =>  TRUE

Tha challenge is still on!

/H

I probably suck on this since I'm a noob, but the nevertheless I had fun
with this one.. :D This is not optimized so it might have some overhead.
I also nicked a piece of code from brian's one and changed it to my
needs, hopefully you can forgive me ;)

button script:

on  mouseUp
put "This is a  test-piece." into sourceText
put whole("a test",sourceText) & return after tString
put  whole("is a test-piece",sourceText) & return after tString
put  whole("is a test-piece.",sourceText) & return after tString
put  "This is a great script - Brian did good!" into sourceText
put  whole("script - Brian",sourceText) & return after tString
answer  tString
end mouseUp

function whole stringToFind,  sourceText
set the caseSensitive to true
set the  wholematches to TRUE
put zero into tSkip
repeat while  wordOffset(word 1 of stringToFind, sourceText, tSkip) > 0
add wordOffset(word 1 of stringToFind, sourceText, tSkip) to tSkip
put FALSE into tReturn
repeat with x=2 to the number of  words in stringToFind
get matchText(word x of  stringToFind, "^" & word (tSkip-1+x) of sourceText &
"$" )
if it is FALSE then
put  stripPunctuation(word (tSkip-1+x) of sourceText) into strippedString
get matchText(word x of stringToFind, "^" &  strippedString & "$")
if it is not TRUE  then
put FALSE into tReturn
exit repeat
else
put TRUE into tReturn
end if
else
put TRUE into tReturn
end if
end  repeat
if tReturn is TRUE then
return  TRUE
exit whole
end if
end  repeat
return FALSE
end whole

function stripPunctuation  tString
repeat for each char c in (";:.,!?"&return)
replace c with empty in tString
end  repeat
return tString
end  stripPunctuation