Base64 conversion

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jul 6 13:33:24 EDT 2007

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 12:16:55 -0400, Javier Miranda V. wrote:

> Something is missing in this stack, it doesn't work, can you take a
> look? It's supposed to convert a decimal number to Base64.
> I tried 3 ways to do it with no success!

Javier, you aren't allowed to upload stacks to the list, only emails.
So if you want someone to look at your stack, you'll have to make it
publicly accessible and direct people to it (either on a web/ftp site
somewhere or upload to RevOnline).

However Rev has a "base64encode" function, which if you're not doing,
it makes it easy:

put base64encode("1.234")

--> MS4yMzQ=

> PS.: Later I would like to ask something about inter-application
> communications and a couple of things about cryptology, all related
> to this Base64 thing.

That's what this list is for!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.