What I did with Rev last night

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed Jul 4 16:45:13 EDT 2007

A build script for my PHP-based project.

The project itself consists of PHP/Javascript/AJAX, except the
critical script that turns development files into a production
release =). One-click build, courtesy of Rev.

Things that are easy in a Rev-based build script:
(note: these can be done in PHP too, but I find Rev is the easiest
way to do all of them in a readable, concise script)

* merging and renaming text files
* altering lines in a config file
* minimizing CSS / other RegEx tasks
* comparing file modification dates
* running shell commands (ex: Javascript minimizer)
* gzip compression of files
* running simple automated tests (ex: make sure a web page loads and
contains some element)
* deleting unwanted directories / hidden files

Not for "personal" use in the non-work sense, but a very handy little
script for my sanity.