Re-2: write to and read from a hardware address directly, possible?

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Mon Jan 29 03:59:32 EST 2007

Hi Stephen,

There are some hardware tasks (f.e. drivers for special PCI cards to manage relais or OPTOIN cards) which need to communicate through one byte in a hardware address. And the status has to be read fast ... As in Perl it should be possible, but not recommended ...
But it seems not to be possible, because nobody could tell me a solution in runrev.

Thanks,
Franz

Original Message        processed by David InfoCenter