Problem with altBrowser

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 17:27:28 EST 2007

On 1/24/07 1:56 PM, "Derek Bump" <list at dreamscapesoftware.com> wrote:

> I would like to see the "My Revolution <edition>" issue squashed, as it
> saves me the hassel of copying all of my plugins and externals from one
> folder to another after each update.

Derek,
Do you mean that the installer should be more capable and informative?

-------
answer "Do you want Rev to move the plugins found in "" if they look like
they are compatible?"

create logFileVar containing new files added, old files found and not moved,
old files found and moved (eg. plugins, which may not be compatible)

log < "these are the versions of Rev currently installed"

write to log file "installLog_the short date & time" in My Revolution
Enterprise

------
answer "Do you wish to open the folders Revolution has created and changed?"

-- Mac uses Applescript,  Win uses VBA
tell application "Finder" to open folder "Applications: Revolution
Enterprise" of the startup disk
tell application "Finder" to open folder "Documents: My Revolution
Enterprise" of home
etc.
I find the installations of Rev rather confusing, esp since they keep
evolving.  Users should not have to struggle, be mystified (like I am) or
have to ask the list.  Most users would probably not try contacting the
list.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas