Very weird bug, crashes mac os x. (Recipe found)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 17 13:42:26 EST 2007

Andre Garzia wrote:
> Sarah,
>
> the script doesn't matter. If you try a simple hello world application
> the same thing happens. I've got a recipe, it's related to the engine
> that is used to run the script. If you pick the engine from inside the
> Standalone bundle (G4 here, so I've picked the engine for PowerPC) then
> it all runs fine till the point of exiting the script, then it all
> fails, all applications quit, all volumes are ejected, not a chance to act.

That explains it. The standalone engines are not meant for cgi work. I
know you can tweak the flags so that they work sometimes, but really you
need to be running the cgi Darwin engine on OS X.

The last Darwin engine is old, but for cgi work I have found that it
works fine. The sample script you posted, for example, would run okay
with the older Darwin engine.

I don't think this is a bug, since the standalone engines are only
intended for building standalones and they expect a full GUI
installation. You should replace the engine you are using with the last
Darwin engine, available here:

<ftp://ftp.runrev.com/pub/revolution/downloads/engines/2.1.2/Darwin.gz>

I have asked for a newer Darwin build, but I will remind RR again.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com