Very weird bug, crashes mac os x. (Recipe found)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Jan 17 13:29:21 EST 2007

Sarah,

the script doesn't matter. If you try a simple hello world
application the same thing happens. I've got a recipe, it's related
to the engine that is used to run the script. If you pick the engine
from inside the Standalone bundle (G4 here, so I've picked the engine
for PowerPC) then it all runs fine till the point of exiting the
script, then it all fails, all applications quit, all volumes are
ejected, not a chance to act.

I've just discovered it here by loosing all my work now. I was doing
a 19gb backup restore here for my macbook is at the repair shop for
analysis and trying to work out my contracts when I again, lost all
the work because due to an engine malfunction in a script as silly as
this one:

#!./Standalone -ui
on startup
get URL "file:tips.txt"
put "Content-Type: text/plain" & cr & cr
put any line of it
do format("tell application \"Finder\"\nactivate\ndisplay dialog
\"hello\"\nend tell") as "applescript"
put the result && the alternatelanguages && version()
end startup

the whole thing exploded!!! this is a major major major thing for me.

Andre