OT: SSH on OS X

Brent Anderson brentj84062 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 17:54:00 EST 2007

Hello.

I'd assume that it would only port forward on incoming WAN traffic
since the router is performing network address translation. The
forwarding lets the router know where incoming traffic should go
since you could have hundreds of computers behind the same router.
What kind of denial messages are you getting, as that could hint at
what is causing the problem.

Also, Hamachi's GUI is Windows only IF you go through just Hamachi.
There is a graphical client called HamachiX (http://hamachix.com)
that does lack some of the functionality of the Windows version since
it is not officially supported by the Hamachi team (Chatting, pings
from in application, premium accounts, "magic ports") but does just
as well and even lets you set up quick-connect options for FTP, AFP,
SFTP, and other services. HamachiX is nice if you want the GUI, but
the command line version (Which, I believe, is installed by HamachiX)
is very functional and is sometimes preferable to the GUI if you're
trying to troubleshoot your Hamachi connection. Type "hamachi -h"
from the command line for usage information once it's installed on
your system. If you're just looking for the command line, the source
compilation instructions are rather lightweight and can be found in
the included README file. It doesn't tell you that to do something as
root you prepend the command with the command "sudo " and enter your
administrator password.

Thanks,
Brent Anderson
CMSEC