playing and recording at the same time

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sun Jan 7 11:44:36 EST 2007

In every Windows application I'm aware of, what's recorded is determined by
the mixer.... the thing you get when you double-click the speaker icon in
the status bar, down by the clock.

Double-click the speaker; you get the playback control.
Options--> Properties
Click Recording
Put a checkmark next to everything
Click OK

Now you've got the Recording control

My sound card -- and every brand is different -- only lets you select one
source at a time, but DOES have a "What You Hear" option.

If I want to record both what is coming out of the speakers AND what is
going into the Microphone, then I select "What You Hear" then go BACK to the
Playback Control and make sure the Microphone and Wave sliders are not
muted.

As far as I know it is not possible to do what you want (microphone to track
1, wave to track 2) in real-time with consumer sound cards and Rev.

"Claire Bradin Siskin" <cbsiskin at pitt.edu> wrote in
message news:p06110402c1c6ccc48349@[192.168.0.103]...