finding data in field

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at Cox.Net
Sat Jan 6 14:43:06 EST 2007

Hi Rob,

A couple of observations:

I assume it is: fld "fieldmatch" (and that you just omitted the final
quote in the email) and that;
you've defined the itemDelimiter as being a TAB;

Not to be overly critical, but there is no need to be quite so
cryptical with your names. We have an amazing "English-like"
programming language, so why not use it. I know, key-strokes and all
that stuff, but being more readable saves you time in the long run.
Vars like fcdqty or not very meaningful; coming back to your scripts
a couple of years later may be real "head-scratcher"!

Then, I think you should: Use the foundChunk function after a find
command to determine where the text was found.

Script fragments such as you've provided are a bit difficult to
follow. If I were you I would paste the entire handler into my email.

HTH,

Joe Wilkins