[OT] Adobe Apps for MacIntel

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Thu Jan 4 09:04:34 EST 2007

Does anyone have any insight on what Adobe plans to do with their upgrade
from Creative Suite 2 to 3?

I just bought CS2 without realizing that it wasn't yet MacIntel compatible.
With further research I discovered that they brought a beta version of
Photoshop out in December that was a free upgrade if had recently bought the
CS2 version but that they want full price for the full CS3 version when it
comes out regardless of when you bought CS2.

I could find no mention of the other apps in the suite.  Does anyone know if
the entire CS is being published in April 07?

Apparently Adobe says CS3 is such a massive upgrade that they do not want to
honour their upgrade policy for recent buyers of CS2.  I did read that they
have some kind of 45 day window after purchase when that can happen but it
is unclear if they are waiving that policy as well and April is more than 45
days out.

Now, because I opened the package, I may be stuck with old software and no
options but to buy it again to get the CS3 version.

Any insights on exactly what Adobe intends to do?  Jim
--

www.TalentSeeker.ca   www.HiringSmart.ca/ns   www.KeepingTheBest.ca/ns
<http://www.OwnYourFuture-net.com>

Own Your Future Consulting Services Limited,
23 Shoal Cove Road, Seabright, Nova Scotia, Canada.  B3Z 3A9
Phone: 902-823-2339. Fax: 902-823-2139