writing to external file from Windows standalone: empty files: solved!

Curt Ford cford at sc.edu
Wed Feb 28 14:41:18 EST 2007

Many thanks to Sarah, Bill, and Mark for your responses - commenting
out the 'open file ... for update' line did the trick. Works great
now.  : )

This was one of the first things I wrote in the project, when I was
*really* just starting in Revolution, and I think I used 'open
file..' and then 'write to file.' Several sources then recommended
using 'put .. into URL..' so I put that in without deleting the 'open
file.' The Mac version never minded - I'd made dozens of lists with
the Mac standalone - guess Windows was pickier about the syntax.

I will probably need to deal with the permissions issue at some point
but I'm glad it's not now!

-Curt