How to use XFCNs & XCMDs in Rev?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Feb 27 11:39:09 EST 2007

Hi Dave and Joe,

> Hi,
>
> I'm really not sure, but I guess it would depend on the Platform.
> I'm pretty sure it won't work under MacOS X, but under Windows it
> may well work since I think the DLL format is compatible.

I'm afraid that you can ONLY use HC XCMDs and XFCNs with REV on Mac
OS <= 9.x.

These are code resources stored in the resource-fork of the stacks
and the format is not
compatible with the OS X "bundle" or Windows "DLL" format.

You will have to convert them to the necessary format, but I have no
idea how this could be done.
Maybe they have to be re-compiled into the necessary formats.

> All the Best
> Dave
>
> On 27 Feb 2007, at 15:52, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
>
>> Dave, while we're at it, and I know this has been asked and
>> answered a kajillion times: is there any chance that HC XCMDs and
>> XFCNs will work with Rev? They were created with CompileIt mucho
>> years ago!
>>
>> Joe Wilkins
>>
>> On Feb 27, 2007, at 5:45 AM, Dave wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Something like this should do it:

Regards

Klaus Major