Itemization of detailed files changed in v 2.8?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 23:28:34 EST 2007

On 2/26/07 4:39 PM, "Joe Lewis Wilkins" <pepetoo at Cox.Net> wrote:
> Does this mean, based on past history, that when we have an upgrade
> we should keep our copy of the old one we've been using around for a
> while?  I thought Revolution was mature enough that we can count on
> upgrades to be "good". Apparently, not! Since I got a good window's
> standalone using 2.7.4, but didn't using 2.8 gm3, should I go back
> and do it again using 2.7.4? Since I may not have kept that version
> around, how can I get a copy to try that out?
Joe,

You need to realize that the last several months have been a very strong
push to release beta updates for testing.  The Rev community has taken on
the challenge of reporting and sharing to expedite the bug-fix marathon.

I am not in a position to do any betas for the moment, so I am staying with
2.7.2 and completing some projects.

Yes, you can run multiple versions of Rev since the folder structure and
preferences allow that.  I am not sure how it works exactly since I only use
one version .

Someone will be able to direct you to the link page that has the older
versions.  You might let your column make a comment about how the user
community is actively testing and are part of the beta process.. very
positive stuff.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas