Windows failed to initialize

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Mon Feb 26 14:15:43 EST 2007

Joe,

My apologies for sending you into uncharted waters. :)

Resource Hacker is a wonderful little utility that allows you to modify
many different types of files on Windows, particularity DLL's and EXE's.
  You can get it from: http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

The "resources" it allows you to modify depends on what the file
contains, but with Revolution Standalones, you can modify the Icons that
are embedded into the Standalone, as well as the Version information
that it places there (or at least before version 2.8 you could).

It can do major damage to a file, so you should always use it on copies
of files and not the originals.  Regarding the Initialization Error, I
have no idea what is causing it.  I just noticed that the engine is
different from previous versions, which may explain why the new resource
is in there.  Who knows, maybe it's for Vista Compatability or something.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/