Something that Drives me *CRAZY*

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Feb 23 16:30:34 EST 2007

On Feb 23, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Bob Warren wrote:

> Dave wrote:
>
>> I've been suffering in silence about this for ages!
>
> Has anyone else been driven crazy by the way in which the IDE
> selects  and then moves objects? What I mean is that it's way too
> easy to move  an object just by selecting it. e.g. you select it
> with a mouse down  and accidently move the mouse and then the
> objects shifts a couple of  pixels. I think the mouse should be "de-
> bounced", e.g. any movement  within a short period should be
> ignored, or better still it shouldn't  move the object until it's
> been selected by a Mouse Down and a Mouse  Up, then to move it you
> Mouse Down, or maybe you should only be able  to move it by
> dragging a certain area.
>
> Anyone agree???

> Perhaps I'm missing something here, but doesn't the "Lock size and
> position" option in the control's properties solve this problem? Or
> would it be equally annoying to you to have to set this property
> for all your controls? If so, I would suggest putting forward the
> idea of a global property/switch to lock all controls.
>
> Bob

For me it's mostly annoying during the time after I've put controls
onto a card but before I've got them finally positioned. Once they're
where I want them, I lock their positions and it's not a problem
anymore. If there is a way "screen out" inadvertent moves associated
with mouse clicks, I'm all for it.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University