Using Apple Help

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 23 10:18:34 EST 2007

Trevor Hopkins wrote:
> What are people's opinions on using Apple's Help Viewer?

Apple's history of Help systems gives one the impression that if it runs
efficiently they fire the programmer and replace him with one who can
make it slower.  :)

FWIW, my apps don't use either Apple Help or Microsoft Help.  Instead I
use a single Help stack made with Rev that runs on both platforms -- and
is far more responsive than Apple Help.  Considering I still get good
reviews from Mac magazines I'm not too worried about appearing
"non-standard".  On the contrary, if "standard" means a cumbersome slow
system I doubt anyone would mind if you replaced it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation