number of colornames?

wayne durden wdurden at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 19:35:58 EST 2007

Oops!  Mea Culpa!  I generally avoid posting to the list because as in this
case, I almost always have done something in error and enough googling or
just some time away usually yields the answer.

This time I had convinced myself that something bizarre must be happening
along the lines of the array with same key thing...

It turns out it is an error in my looping.  As I am writing 4 columns of 25
fields on a card, I had 3 nested repeats and as I have done in the past I
set up the loop wrong so that I was creating dupes directly multiplying some
of the repeat vars instead of multiplying by a column and adding.  I
overlooked the repeated fields as dupes because the colors already had
numerical variations like steelblue1, steelblue2, etc...

It was tedious to track down because I was also using the screenmouseloc
keying off those repeat variables to get the rgbcolor and those lines helped
obscure the simple mistake...

I am so sorry Mark, Joe, Richard, et al... I truly appreciate the time you
took to answer.  Hopefully, I will have some to contribute to others in the
near future.  I have been a long time hypercard user, although for the last
several years I have been a realbasic user on the PC.  I have discovered
that there are a good number of problems that runrev can solve for me in
much much less time.  It is a love/hate relationship at times though.... :)

Thanks again all!

Wayne