Buttonclick deselects text

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 10 21:17:39 EST 2007

Kresten Bjerg wrote:
> Hi
> I have  buttons, which, on mouseup,  shall use bits of user-selectedtext
> from a textfield. But it seems that the clicking of some  buttons
> deselects the text before it can be caught. I guess this is a trivial
> problem,but : what is the trick to postpone the deselection ?
> I shall be grateful for advice

This happens if the button's autoselect property is true. If you set the
autoselect to false, text will remain selected. If you want the button
to hilite when clicked, you'll have to handle that in a script that sets
the hilite to true on mousedown and sets it back to false on mouseup and
mouserelease.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com