Built-in patterns

Martin Baxter mb.userev at harbourhosting.co.uk
Sat Feb 10 04:33:44 EST 2007

J. sandman Gay wrote:
> Devin Asay wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 8, 2007, at 11:06 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>
>>> I've got a graphic with its foregroundpattern set to 9, one of the
>>> built-in patterns in the IDE. I always thought these were part of the
>>> engine. But when I build a standalone, there's problems.
>>>
>>> On OS X, the graphic draws pure white. On Windows, it crashes the
>>> whole app the moment I make the graphic visible.
>>>
>>> It looks like the patterns are not being included in the standalone.
>>> Anyone have experience with this? Am I going to have to hunt down the
>>> pattern and include a copy in my stack? The standalone builder
>>> doesn't have an option to copy them over, and to be honest, I always
>>> thought that was unnecessary.
>>
>> Jacque,
>>
>> I could swear that an earlier version of the Standalone Builder
>> allowed you to include the standard image and pattern libraries. I
>> posed a question about this a few months ago, but didn't get any
>> response. I think it's needed, because if you use images or patterns
>> from the "standard" or even *shudder* Metcard libraries ;-) they
>> disappear in the standalone.
>>
>> If this isn't done already, I'll submit a feature enhancement to
>> QCzilla. Anybody know anything about this?
>
> I didn't see anything in bugzilla about it, but if you do submit I'd
> suggest doing it as a bug rather than as an enhancement request. Just
> the fact that missing patterns crash Windows is enough to qualify it as
> a bug, but even if that didn't happen, it is something people expect as
> part of the standalone building process. If patterns aren't included
> automatically, there should at least be an option to include them in the
> SB just as you can include cursors now.

I'd just like to reiterate that there used to be such an option in the
distribution builder. I still have 2.1.2 installed and have checked
this. In the inclusions pane there was a check box labelled: "image and
pattern libraries" which allowed you to select any combination of the
following for inclusion: standard icons, meta card icons, default
patterns and meta card patterns.

Apparently this got lost along the way.

Martin Baxter