Built-in patterns

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 9 23:13:44 EST 2007

I said this:

 > I'm not absolutely positive that missing
> patterns are the problem, but it is all I can think of because in my
> standalone the OS X version draws in white instead of with the pattern.
> I can't see what the Windows one is doing because it crashes.

Well, now I know. I added a copy of the pattern image to the card and
referenced that instead of the built-in pattern number. This eliminated
all problems on both Mac and Windows. Both Mac and Windows apps draw the
pattern fine and Windows no longer crashes.

So then I noticed the brushes weren't included either. Thankfully a
missing brush shape doesn't crash Windows; nothing paints, but at least
it doesn't crash. I added the brush image to the card also and that
fixed that.

So I suspect that if you aren't scanning for inclusions when you build a
standalone, you will have to add brushes and patterns to your stack
manually. It's been so long since I allowed scanning for inclusions I
can't remember if those are added or not during the scan, but Lynn's
test seems to indicate they are.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com