Receiving data with Sockets when behind a Router

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Feb 2 07:55:29 EST 2007

Stephen Barncard wrote:
> Look at IP tunnelling. This allows a computer on a LAN to get a port or
> range of ports of various protocols through a router from the outside
> world.

Stephen,

Thank you for the guidance!  I spent a little time this morning looking
up IP Forwarding on the site you suggested as well as Wikipedia and a
few others.  I'm still formulating how I handle this, but so far I'm
assuming that handling IP Forwarding within Revolution can be achieved
by simply using a port that is pre-registered with the Router?

If this is the case, and my program is designed to function behind most
routers, I should probably go with a common (but appropriate) port.
*Keeping my fingers crossed*

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/