revolution in background catchig arrow keys

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 12:58:08 EST 2007

On 2/1/07 6:45 AM, "paolo mazza" <paolo.mazza at neol.it> wrote:

> Dear revs,
> How can I have revolution in background catching arrow keys?
> I need this feauture for a small application that import a scrennshot any
> time the user press the arrow keys in Acrobat Reader program.
> I mean ...this is what I want to do:
> I open a Revolution stack.
> Then I open a pdf document (with a full screen presentation) using the
> program Acrobat Reader .
> I wuold like my revolution stack to import a scrennshot any time the user
> press the arrow key (and move to another slide).
> How can I do this in Macintosh? Any idea?
> Thanks

Check the following two messages and test to see which suits your desired
behavior

on keydown

on rawkeydown

in the dictionary.  Basically, you check which key code was sent and pass it
if you want to ignore it, or do an action, then choose to pass it anyway.

This will work even if a user is typing into a field, so this would
intercept keystrokes at anytime.

Adding modifier keys is done this way
if the commandkey is down then =>
if the commandkey is down and the shiftkey is down then =>

Jim Ault
Las Vegas