the char number of char 1 of word x

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 18:31:18 EST 2007

On 12/29/07 2:33 PM, "Randall Lee Reetz" <randall at randallreetz.com> wrote:

> Ok, my fault, i'll tey to be more specific.  Every char in a string can be
> rrferenced by its count in the string.  Char 5 of "my love" is "o".  So if i
> want the char count of char 1 of word 2 of that same string i should get 4.
> How do i construct an argument for the count of a char as referenced by
> another chunk description (other than char)?

Your explanation is confusing.
Show some more examples of what you want.
There are only words, items, lines as chunks, so I am not sure what you mean
by 'other chunk description'.

What kind of data/text are you working with?
-- user input, published data, paragraphs, inventory lists
--   music titles, album names, etc

Jim Ault
Las Vegas