Asynch work: loading movie from file example...

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Thu Dec 20 10:13:44 EST 2007

I'm trying to get to the bottom of how to code asynchronous GUI work in Rev
- and thought I'd ask for tips. The example to hand is simple a user clicks
on a line in a field which triggers a script to set the filename of a player
to a movie file. The problem is that the files are large mp4 files and the
first time they load they take over a second to show up in the player - in
the mean time you get a spinning pizza.

What I would like to do is load the movie asynchronously and allow the user
to do other stuff in the mean time - no spinning pizza. I chose this example
as its a built in blocking Rev command - not using shell command or anything
external. Any thoughts?