How to read the Rev license?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Dec 20 08:51:02 EST 2007

Hi Ian,

Le 20 déc. 07 à 14:28, Ian Wood a écrit :

> It sounds like a silly question... but how do I read the license
> without re-installing Rev? (This is Studio on OS X)
>
> As I'm starting to do more commercial apps I wanted to check that I
> was complying with Rev's requirements regarding logos etc.
>
> We're no longer required to include the Rev logo in our 'about'
> windows, but in the logo PDF the following appears:
>
> "You must include the copyright notice, as specified in
> the Runtime Revolution license agreement, where other
> such notices appear."
>
> So, were do I find the license, given that it's not in the Rev
> Studio folder, and not in the Rev .app package?

AFAIK the "Made With Logos" folder where you found the logo.pdf file
is not included in Rev releases since the first 2.7.
Last one where you can find it is 2.6.1 (October 2005).
At the moment, there is nothing in the docs or elsewhere about such
requirements since February 2006.
BTW nothing prevents you to put the Rev logo somewhere :-)
And I assume, if I'm wrong, somebody from Runrev will chime :-)

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.