Caricature challenge

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Sun Dec 16 21:36:22 EST 2007

In supercard, if you set the "picturedata" of a polygon to an image's path on disc, that image assumes the dimentions of the rectangle that defines the smallest rectangle within which the polygon would fit.  Reshape the polygon and the image rectangle stretches likewise to fit the new outer bounds of the new shaped polygon.  So, the image is warped in height and width to fit the polygon, which isnt as good as warping to fit the non-linear angular distotion of it's bounds as might be achieved with the use of a quad, but in light of performance it is in fact fast to fake this same overall effect through a grid of interleaved triangles (so long as your grid is sufficiently fine).  I found that the eye is pretty forgiving with image montage of fairly low fedelity.

Will someone do a quick trial with this pattern property and apply an image to the content of a polygon to see if there is in fact no easy way to make sure that the applied image always stretches in x and y to fit the exact outer width and height of the polygon holding it?

Thanks,  randall