Date Conversion Problem

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 14:32:16 EST 2007

--- Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> A date conversion problem has cropped up in one of
> my stacks.  I have
> a handler that starts with
>
> 	set useSysemDate to true
>
> I'm processing tab-delimited text files, so later in
> the handler I
> have the line
>
> 	convert the fourth item of aData[theDate] to abbrev
> English date
>
> Now, the dates in the text file are in short format,
> dd/mm/yyyy, e.g.,
> 10/12/2007 for Monday, December 10th, and I'm
> converting them to my
> system's medium format in Leopard, which is Mon, Dec
> 10, 2007, but
> what I'm getting is the incorrect date because it is
> coming out in
> American format, mm/dd/yyyy or Fri, Oct 12, 2007.
>
> Is this a Leopard problem?  Because I never had it
> before I upgraded.
> Dates are critical to my work, so any suggestions
> would be most
> appreciated.
>
> Incidentally, I'm using Revolution 2.8.1 Build 470
> and Leopard 10.5.1
> on an Intel iMac.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Gregory

Hi Gregory,

My guess is that the convert command needs a little
help here, as it could be either an English date or a
system date. If you're sure the data is going to be in
system date format, then modify your script to:
	convert the fourth item of aData[theDate] from system
date to abbrev English date

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====